Monday, April 30, 2012

150 Days of Psalms - Psalm 121

Psalm 121 is the second Psalm of Ascent. The first two verses are what made this psalm famous (or well loved and often quoted)

1 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

I also really like the second half of v.3
He who keeps you will not slumber

That's a wonderfully comforting verse, don't you think? When my children were sick when they were little I wanted to sit up all night and watch them - check their temperature, make sure they were comfortable, all of those kinds of things. But I couldn't stay up all night. Eventually Cheryl and I would decide that they would be OK for a while without us watching and we would catch a little sleep. Or if they were really sick, we would take turns sleeping and watching.

God doesn't have to take turns with someone else as He watches over us. He never slumbers.

That makes me sleep better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The LORD is your keeper"
"He will keep your soul"

Oh, these words are my hope.