Tuesday, April 3, 2012

150 Days of Psalms - Psalm 94

Well..... I read Psalm 94 this morning, then opened up Blogger to start a post and then someone needed to ask me about Sunday and then was staff mtng and then I met some people during lunch to look at some Passion Play things and then I ate lunch and went home to let the poodles out then worked on more Passion Play things and then had a full cast rehearsal and then worked on more Passion Play things and now I just got home and I'm getting this post up at 11:55, so I got it up on the correct day. :-)

1 comment:

Phyllis Hobson said...

I had put together some thoughts on Psalm 94, waiting for your blog to comment - so here goes for me...

The first thing that struck me was in verse 1 "O Lord God to whom vengeance belongeth" - and the verses following made me realize that so often I want to manage situations that I need to leave up to God to take care of. He is "the judge of the earth." That's not to say we aren't to make our voices heard when someone is doing something wrong, or misstating or attacking my beliefs. But most of what I fret over and want to make "right" (my right) is stuff that is not of consequence.

Verse 13 (the Message interpretation) gives me an end result of turning this over to God - He will provide "A circle of quiet within the clamor of evil." God will protect, He will comfort, He will keep me.