Saturday, April 28, 2012

150 Days'of Psalms - Psalm 119

Psalm 119 is a celebration of the Word. It begins with these words
1 How blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the law of the LORD.

and from there every verse (except two if I remember correctly) has a word in it that refers to the Word of God: law, precepts, commandments, word, ordinances, statutes and testimonies.

The verses you probably know by heart are the ones that are either set to music or the ones that are part of the VBS "I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's holy word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path and will hide it's word in my heart that I might not sin against God."

The only way for God's word to be all it can be in your life is for you to spend time in it and to know it and to meditate on it and to hide it in your heart and keep (obey) it and .....more.

I think this psalm a day is a good start, but don't let it be all you do and don't stop after this 150 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"67Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word.
68You are good and do good; Teach me Your statutes."

I just read Psalm 119 (yes, the whole thing) and this verse sums up my life. Why is it that suffering brings me closer to my Savior and in the good times I forget Him?

Also, if "to keep" The Word is to obey God, then I am trying to keep His Word. Trying and trying again.