Monday, January 30, 2017

Psalm 30 - Guest Bloggers

I'm in Mt. Juliet visiting some of the grands. So I thought I'd let them help me blog about Psalm 30.

What advice can you give someone that is having a hard time?
B. Cry out to God.
M. Pray to God.
H. On the third movie of Star Wars I thought this was scary so I prayed that I would have good dreams.

What did the psalm writer say that God did for him?
H. Wrapped him with joy.
B. Changed his black clothes - that's like when you're sad - into joy, white clothes, something besides black.

What do you do when you're really sad or scared?
H.I don't go to sleep at night.
B. When I'm sad I go to my room and cry. I go to the bathroom and cry. Or I just cry.
M. When I watch a creepy movie (editor's note, last night they watched Mrs. Peregrine's House of peculiar Children) I had to look at books. And when it was time to go to bed I was crying.
How did you stop crying?
M. I got under my blanket.

How do you express joy? When you're really happy what do you do?
H. I get really, really, really, really, excited. I jumped around. I go crazy. I do cartwheels. And I call Papa or Grani.
M. When I got a present I went crazy tearing up the paper.
B. I make a big excited face.Yell with joy.

Well....there you go.

We all express sadness and scaredness (Is that a word?) and joy in different ways. I would say that whatever way we  express these things we need to share our thoughts (good and bad) with God. and then we need to praise Him as He turns our sadness into joy.

No comments: