Friday, January 13, 2017

Psalm 13 - I Will Sing! (advice for troubles)

Do you have troubles? Worries? Problems?

Psalm 13 is short - only 6 verses- but it has great advice for anyone with troubles, worries or problems.

The first four verses lay out the troubles and complaints of David. Rather than list them here I would suggest that you make a list of some of the things that are troubling you.

I'll wait............

OK. Now look at the last two verses.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love; 
my heart rejoices in your salvation. 

6 I will sing the LORD’s praise, 
for he has been good to me.

After you read the last two verses the first four are no longer important. David could have written any number of things to begin the psalm, but the last two are how he chose to respond to his troubles.

Take your list of troubles or complaints, cross them off and write across the top of your list verses 5 and 6.

You don't have to feel like it, you just make the choice. I've noticed in my own life and in watching others that it's best to choose your actions and then your emotions can catch up later. 

Here's your plan of action to take care of your problems, worries and troubles.
  • Choose to trust in God's unfailing love.
  • Have your heart rejoice in His salvation.
  • Sing the LORD's praise.
Bottom line:
This post is too short for me to also have a bottom line. Just read the plan of action listed above. That's the bottom line. :-)

This picture is just for fun. It's not what I just said in this post. 


No comments: