- no one is faithful anymore
- those who are loyal have vanished
- everyone lies to their neighbor
- they flatter but harbor deception
- boastful tongues
- they say "by our tongues we will prevail; our own lips will defend us - who is lord over us?"
- the wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored by people
Now look how the LORD and His word are described.
- the words of the LORD are flawless
- His words are like purified silver
- His words are like gold refined 7 times
Now..... which of these lists do you want put into your mind and heart? We have to spend time in the world - we live here! But we can counteract the vileness of the world as we spend time with the flawless, purified golden words of the LORD.
Uh oh! I just thought of an application you may not like. What do you listen to on the radio? Do you know that your children sing those nasty words in those songs? That puts them in their heart. It puts them in YOUR heart, in YOUR mind too.
"Garbage in - garbage out" isn't just for computer programming. It's true in your heart, mind and soul too.
Follow Paul's words in Philippians 4:8-9