Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Psalm 18 - Testimony Time

In several (most) of the psalms that we have looked at so far in our 150 day journey David is crying out to God for help. Today's psalm is written after God's help came - after David was delivered from his enemies.

It makes a nice outline for sharing your story (giving your testimony.)

First - tell how great God is, what he means to you. vs. 1-3

Then tell what your life was like before you were saved - vs. 4-6

Tell how God saved you. - vs. 7-19

Then tell how your life is different now - vs. 20 and following, especially verses 32-35

Praise the Lord again -
49 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Bottom line:
Many people don't share their faith because they don't know what to say. They think they have to memorize a bunch of Bible verses and perhaps even have a degree from a seminary so they know all of the answers to everyone's questions. That's not the case. All you need to share Jesus with someone is to share your story.

My life before I met Christ
How I came to know Him (someone told you about Him, or through scripture reading, - YOUR story)
What my life is like now that I'm a follower of Jesus.

That's it.

What's your story?

No comments: