Friday, January 27, 2017

Psalm 27 - My Light and Salvation

The LORD is my Light and Salvation!

Whom shall I fear?

The LORD is the defense of my life!

Whom shall I dread?
                                       Psalm 27:1

In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men
There was the true Light whichcoming into the worldenlightens every man. John 1:4, 9

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

How would you live your life differently if you took Psalm 27:1 to heart and LIVED like you totally believed it?

I started to list some things here - ideas to get you started. But I've learned through the years that if I give ideas of how to live out a passage then many won't ask God to show them His plans. They read a passage and someone in a devotional book (or blog post) tells them how they should respond. Rather than spending time praying and asking God to speak to them, they just look at what the writer said and decide if it applies to them or not. God wants to show us more than that.

Let me suggest that we do these things that David said he was doing.

  1. Seek God (vv.4, 8)
  2. Long to be in His presence (v.4)
  3. Ask God to teach you His way (v.11)
  4. and to lead you in a straight path (also v.11)
  5. Remain confident in the Lord's goodness (v. 13)
  6. Wait for the Lord (v.14)
  7. Be strong and take heart (v.14)
Bottom line:
It's good to hear what your pastor says about a verse, or a good writer, or a friend. But you need to hear from God directly yourself. Then you need to follow where he leads (It will be a straight path.)






No comments: