Saturday, May 26, 2012

150 Days of Psalms - Psalm 147

There are several familiar verses in Psalm 147. I just read v.4 to my family.
 4 He counts the number of the stars ; He gives names to all of them.
and my momma said, "You mean He's already named them all and we pay somebody to name them?" So my brothers told her "yes. Save your money."

Deep theological conversations from a bunch of pastors - hahaha.

Verse 3 is a familiar verse that is very comforting.
"3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds." It's very difficult to bind up your own broken heart and the wounds that caused it. This is a great verse to remind us all that God is the one who can heal our hearts.

Verse 10 was very important to me as a short, skinny, non-athletic guy growing up.
"10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse ; He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man. 11 The LORD favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness."
Since I was HORRIBLE at all team sports and the object of many cruel comments from the athletes at my school this verse reminded me that what was important to God was that I was a person who feared Him and waited for His lovingkindness. Strong arms and good knees give out over the years. Developing a fear/reverence for God lasts a lifetime. 

No comments: