Monday, May 21, 2012

150 Days of Psalms - Psalm 142

There are a lot of great thoughts in this psalm as the psalmist is crying to God for help.

The one that stood out to me was this one:
 3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, You knew my path.

How many times in life have troubles or circumstances or sickness or enemies or whatever overwhelmed me or you and the prince of darkness clouds our thoughts, make us feel lost without direction... are you following me here?

But what an awesome thought that when our spirits are totally overwhelmed with life God isn't caught by surprise! He doesn't say, "Oops! Didn't see that coming!" or "Uh, oh. Now what?"

 3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, You knew my path.

He knows our path - where we are headed, what will happen, how we will escape or find deliverance.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

When overwhelmed we can choose to hide in a closet or become depressed or we can trust in the Lord, knowing He knows our paths, acknowledge Him in all we do and let Him make our paths straight.

No comments: