Friday, March 31, 2017

Psalm 90 - Timeless God

There are a lot of wonderful tings to write about in Psalm 90.

I decided to write about a theme that shows up in a couple of ways - the timelessness of God. Look at these verses.

1 Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. 

2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. 

4 A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night. 



Here are a few random thoughts about what it means to have a timeless God.

  • God is outside of and is not confined by time. He created it. 
  • When I am impatient I need to remember that God is at work. He just doesn't have to be on my time schedule since He is not bound by time.
  • I remembered the verse, 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."
What are your thoughts about God's timelessness? I'd love to know what you think.


No comments: