Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Psalm 88 - Heman the Ezrahite

(Of course the first thing I thought of was He Man from my children's childhood.)


I don't remember ever reading the name Heman the Ezrahite, but he is mentioned 16 times in the NIV Bible. This article will tell you about him. Heman the Ezrahite

I'm not going to try to summarize that article here.

Psalm 88 is the only psalm associated with Heman. He was in a dark place when he wrote it! But even in his depressed state he made this statement of faith.

1. LORD, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you.

In the rest of the psalm he tells how bad things are and how depressed he is. But even in the middle of that he says, "But I cry to you for help, LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you."

So....that's my advice to all of us from today's psalm. Go ahead and tell God how bad you feel and ask Him if He's ever going to do something about your problems. That's OK. But then remember, and say to Him, "You are the God who saves me." Then live with that truth in your heart.

No comments: