Friday, March 3, 2017

Psalm: 62 - Power and Love

God has spoken plainly,
and I have heard it many times:
Power, O God, belongs to You;
unfailing love, O Lord, is Yours.

It's the perfect combination; omnipotent power and unfailing love. Power without love is tyranny. Love without power is helpless. Knowing that power belongs to God and that His love is unfailing should give you confidence and peace, rest and hope, to face anything in life. It is easy to understand that He is your rock and salvation, fortress and refuge.... all the things listed at the beginning of the psalm.

I think there is a lot more to this than I've started here. I think if each of us will spend some time meditating on the thought of power belonging to God and that unfailing love is His then it will make a diference in how we live our lives.

I'm not meaning to wimp out on my blogging about this psalm. I just know that I need to spend more time thinking about what this means.

What do you think?

No comments: