Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Psalm 60 - Lord of the Nations

Psalm 60 doesn't come right out and use the title "Lord of the nations" as some psalms and other places in scripture do when describing God, but it's in there.

“In triumph I will parcel out Shechem and measure off the Valley of Sukkoth.
7 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim is my helmet, Judah is my scepter.

8 Moab is my washbasin, on Edom I toss my sandal; over Philistia I shout in triumph.”

Basically, God is saying that He'll do whatever He wants with whatever country He wants.

The psalmist also realizes that the only help that will do him (or us) any good is help that comes from the LORD.
11 Give us aid against the enemy, for human help is worthless.
12 With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

When you consider that God does whatever He wants with all of the nations then it is easy to see that compared to that, human help is worthless.

Bottom line:
Are you feeling overwhelmed by your circumstances, by enemies, by health issues, by your future, your past, by ...well...anything? Let me encourage you to enlarge your vision, your understanding, your faith in who God is. With God you will gain the victory.

No comments: