Saturday, March 4, 2017

Psalm 63 - Wanting More

David doesn't say it in exactly those word "wanting more" but I read it there between the lines. David said this about God.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. v.2
Your love is better than life. v.3
I will praise you as long as I live. v.4
and more....

But he begins the psalm with these words.
1 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.

So here's what I see in this.
David was longing for God with his whole being because he had already seen how wonderful God is! 

Have you ever been in a service where people are sharing testimonies? Some can tell you things God did last week. Others are still talking about something that happened back in 1974. David wasn't satisfied with what he had seen in the past. He had seen God's power and glory. He wanted more! He knew that God's love is better than life. How could he be satisfied with love from last year or last decade? He thirsted for God with his whole being. The land around him was dry and parched with no water. Only God could satisfy his thirst.

Bottom line: Self examination time.
So.... where are you? Are you satisfied with what God did for you in 1998 or do you want more? If you've never seen his power and glory you should probably start there. If you have, are you thirsting for more of Him?

No comments: