Monday, May 26, 2008

A GRAND Grand Opening



Wow! What a great day! Worship was great at both locations yesterday. Thanks to Mike Ritter for writing horn charts, rehearsing with brass and singers and directing a great song "He Is Able". And of course thanks to the players and singers. Great work!
The congregation at the main campus (both services) sang out in worship and everyone said worship at our new contemporary service at the Family Life Center went wonderfully and without a hitch.

God is good.

Then... what a great afternoon and evening!

All of our FLC volunteers were ready to go in their cool blue shirts and "tourists" started showing up before 3:00. I'm not very good at guessing or estimating numbers, but I think there were 1, 487 who toured the building. And then there were 2,318 at the concert. Those are estimates, of course.

When I left my house a little before 7:00 am I didn't think to grab my camera, so I apologize for not having pictures of yesterday's events.

Then the big feast at 5:00! Wow! There was food everywhere and grills and desserts and swimming pools full of soft drinks.

Then, of course, the highlight of the evening was Rebecca St. James. She not only sang some of her songs with her awesome band and backup brothers, but she sang several of the songs we sing in worship like "Here I Am to Worship", "Blessed Be Your Name", "Forever" and more. It was a great evening.

I had a nice shady spot over next to the building. I'm a little worried about some who sat out on the hot pavement and fried like bacon.

And did you notice that Rebecca called up to the stage all of the 5 - 20 year olds? I kept waiting for her to say, "OK, now all of you 40-60 year olds, come on up here I've got a great song just for you." Nooooo, it never happened. I was a little disappointed, but I'm over it now. :-)

Since I don't have pictures from last night, here are a few of the inside of the FLC.

Hmmm, I can't find any pictures of the FLC on my computer. They must be in the company files at the office, so I'll show you some pictures of my peonies.

No comments: