Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why I Sing with the Chorale



1. Hanging out with my friends from across Tennessee

2. Singing great music

3. Making beautiful choral sounds. An all-male choir has a wonderfully rich sound

4. Singing challenging music I won't ever sing at my church (you know, high brow classical type stuff) but I love it and it makes me a better musician

5. Getting to worship as I sing and I don't have to be in charge

6. Sharing ideas with other Worship Pastors (Ministers of Music)

7. Praying together about our churches and families and ministries

8. I'm the president this year, so they expect me to show up (but I would anyway)

9. Wearing my glasses (better to see the music all day) (I do have old eyes, you know) and no one saying "I didn't recognize you with glasses"



FBC, Huntington

FBC, Millington

No comments: