Monday, February 11, 2008

Rio Mission Trip


Bro. Paul says there will be an information meeting soon about the trip to Rio in August. I hope some of you are thinking about going with us. I've wanted to take Cheryl there ever since my first trip in 2004.


I've been studying my Portuguese and can carry on a pretty good conversation now, but you don't have to know any Portuguese to go with us.


I thought the trip would be limited to about 8 people, but I had misunderstood. It was a different trip that had to have a smaller number. We can take 15-20 with us! How fun is that?


Here's a really cool thought. The folks in D.C. have planned to help pay your way to Rio! Yes, you read that right, the Federal government is helping to pay for mission trips now. They're just calling it an "economic stimulus". I'm calling it "half my trip is paid for by my congressman!"


Cilck here for a nice travel guide Rio de Janeiro

2 comments:

Cathy Hamilton said...

Bro. Lyndel,
How cool is that! I didn't know the government helped pay for missions trips. Is that to anywhere and are you limited to how many a year you go on? The cost has always been a determining factor as to whether or not Bryce and I go on mission trips.
Cathy Hamilton

R Lyndel Littleton said...

Wellllll, technically, they don't really fund mission trips. It's just that this year they are sending every tax payer a check for $600. It will arrive porbably in June. And some people actually get money back fromtheir income taxes which is another way to get some money to pay for a trip.

I've noticed in the past that if God places it on your heart to go on a mission trip that He also helps provide the financing.