Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blame the Groundhog!

I've always been one to poke fun at those who look to rodents for their weather forcasts. http://hilldaleworship.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-groundhogs-day.html

And if I were a superstitious kind of person - which I am not (This would be a good spot to put in a mini sermon about Christians being superstitious, but I'll spare you this morning.) - anyway, if I were superstitious I would say I messed everything up when I bad-mouthed the groundhog.

It's 8:30 and it's still snowing here in the holler. I'll brave devil's elbow in a minute and head to Clarksville...

Here's a picture of devil's elbow after the blizzard in '51. Yes, for you younger readers, they had cameras back then.

http://www.joelton.com/history/blizzard.htm

Check back later today for more news about rehearsals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro. Lyndel, if anyone wants to attend choir this evening, but is afraid to brave the roads, I will gladly give them a ride. Just have them give me a call at xxx. ha ha ha Don't feel bad about your "no snow" prayer not being answered... I think you may have been outnumbered by the students and teachers!!! In Christ's service...K

R Lyndel Littleton said...

After re-reading this post it makes it sound like I was around in '51. I wasn't. I am much younger than that.