Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brenda's Story

Debbie Teague knows Brenda's story. Pull out your hankies...

To make a short story long . . . Roger and I purchased a very sweet female donkey named Brenda from a man in Ashland City because the donkey the church had been using was a jack (male) named Roger (ironic) that kept bucking our Jesus off. He was a very stubborn, temperamental donkey. Our horses did not like Brenda (or maybe they liked her too much because they would bite her and chase her) so we took her to a huge cattle farm down Gholson Road where she protected the newly born calves from being attacked by coyotes during the year when she wasn’t “working” at the Passion Play. This past summer, Mr. John Boyd Rhinehart, the owner of the farm died and the cattle were split and sold. The best we can find out is that one of the men that bought one of the halves of the herd took Brenda. We have contacted the men, but everyone denies having seen Brenda (although we have heard rumors otherwise). She was a wonderful donkey (very well-behaved in church) and we were sad that we never found out what happened to her. We have since ridden on that farm on horses and looked all over for her but did not find her (dead or alive).

2 comments:

Brenda J said...

Awwww!!!! Poor Brenda! I kind of feel a connection to her! LOL! I wonder where she is? I knew Debbie would know where she might be!

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were a creative genius but I never imagined you would use a donkey disappearance to attract readers/ worshippers / followers etc. Please assure your devotees that since I am in "Mule Town USA" I will be looking for Brenda. My guess is she is being protected by the "Patriot Act" and will be shown to the world on April 5 as Mule Day Queen. ( I don't know if donkeys and mules are the same species or not but they are close enough.)
LeAnn