Now read verses 1-7 again. Do you see how well they describe Jesus?
- the most excellent
- lips anointed with grace
- God has blessed you forever
- the mighty one girded with a sword
- clothed with splendor and majesty
- victorious in the cause of truth, humility and justice
- throne will last forever and ever
- a scepter of justice rules the kingdom
- He loves righteousness and hates wickedness
- anointed with the oil of joy
|an English window quoting Psalm 45|
And this is information about the bride (the church) .... how the bride is described and instructions for the bride.
- at the King's right hand (the place of honor)
- dressed in fine gold
- forget your people and your father's house (forget your old way of life)
- let the King be enthralled with your beauty (live life in a beautiful, God-pleasing way)
- all glorious is the princess in her chamber (God makes the church beautiful as the bride of Christ)
- the bride will be led into the King's presence with joy and gladness
So there you have it, (I may have missed some points. :-) ) a description of Jesus our King and us, the church.
Most of what we are as the bride (the church) has been done for us by Christ. He puts us in a place of honor, dresses us in gold, leads us into His presence with joy. But we have a part too. We need to forget about our old way of life and live in a manner that will please our King where He is enthralled with our beauty.