Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Psalm 38 - Confess or Waste Away?

Confess or waste away? That's kind of what this looks like to me. Look what bad shape David was in: there was no health in his body, his guilt was overwhelming him, his wounds fester and stink (Ugh!), he was bent over and racked with pain...fever...exhaustion.. the list keeps going.

Sin has consequences. Some are immediate, some are obvious - like you rob a bank then you go to jail - but the consequences we don't see so obviously, (or at least it seems that most people don't think about this), is a broken relationship with God.

1 O LORD, don’t rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage! 

2 Your arrows have struck deep, and your blows are crushing me. 

So what's the answer for this? How do you restore your relationship with God?
18 But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done. 
21 Do not abandon me, O LORD . Do not stand at a distance, my God. 
22 Come quickly to help me, O Lord my savior.

There you go.
Confess your sins. Be deeply sorry for what you have done. Ask God to not abandon you but instead to come quickly and help you. Confess that He is your Lord and Savior. 

No comments: