Sunday, February 12, 2017

Psalm 43 - Send Light and Truth

Psalm 43 only has five verses. It has a familiar theme - asking God for deliverance.
I mentioned to my lovely wife how it was difficult to blog about so many psalms with the same theme. I know that there is a reason for the recurring theme. Life is hard. We're often surrounded by enemies. Bad things happen to good people. Life doesn't go the way we planned. We need help from God for thousands of reasons.

But I didn't want to blog the same thing again with just a little change in the wording. But then God showed me something a little different in this psalm. Or at least something I hadn't noticed before (if it was in another psalm.)

3 send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; 
Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your dwelling places

All scripture speaks of Jesus Christ. (This verse is more obvious than many.) When we ask God for light for our way, for truth in any situation, we're asking for Jesus!

"I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6 (Notice that this statement by Jesus even covers the second part of the verse above. He is the way to THE holy hill - God's dwelling place.)

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men." John 1:4

Can I just leave it there? I think if I go on and on with some sort of explanation I'll just mess it all up. 
Facing troubles? Need deliverance? Guidance? Vindication? Whatever it is.... You need Jesus. Psalm 43:3 can be your "go to" verse for pretty much everything!
"Send out Your Light and Your Truth, let HIM lead me." 

No comments: