Friday, June 17, 2011

The Proverbs Challenge - Day 17

Feel free to leave a comment.

I guess Proverbs 17:17 has been quoted thousands of times, it looks great on greeting cards and posters and everyone wishes for a true friend that "loves at all times."

The best way to have that kind of friend is to be that kind of friend. For a refresher course on what true love really is, read I Corinthians 13

Here's another verse from this chapter that I really like. First, let me say I am not elderly!
I do, however, totally relate to verse 6

Grandchildren are the crown of the elderly.

In case you've somehow missed seeing them, here are my grandbabies.


1 comment:

Phyllis Hobson said...

I love the last two verses of this chapter, and I think both are summed up in verse 14:

14 To start a conflict is to release a flood; stop the dispute before it breaks out.

I heard it once said that our words can either be gasoline or water to a fire. We can choose to engage in an argument, to keep silent, or to answer back with calmness and reason. I have practiced more, when impatiently waiting in a line, to have kind words to give to the harried and stressed person who is waiting on the line. It's amazing how much of a change that can make, to me and to them.

Last little phrase I've heard and tried to remember at times: "There is such a thing as an unspoken thought." Really goes well with verse 28!