Sunday, June 5, 2011

TheProverbs Challenge - Chapter 5

The verse I like the most fromchapter 5 is verse . 18 Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice in the wife of your youth.

I like that because I was a young kid when I got married.

In just a few days my lovely wife, Cheryl, and I will celebrate our 35 wedding anniversary! When I read this verse it reminds me of the wonderful way God blessed me with such a beautiful, loving wife. We've lived lots of places and worked at many churches and have met people from all over the world - and through all of our adventures we have been together and I have been able to rejoice in the wife of my youth. We're having a wonderful life together and I look forward to many more years together.

I've often told younger people at church that if I could wish anything for them it would be for them to have a marriage as wonderful as mine.

3 comments:

Phyllis Hobson said...

Proverbs 5 "Warning Against Adultery" - hum, wonder how this will speak to me?

V. 12 - You will say "How I hate discipline! How my heart spurned correction!

As a child I hated being reined in, having boundaries set. I loved playing the piano, just didn't want all the "discipline" of practice.

As an adult I see that the many definitions of "discipline" still apply as God shapes me, protects me, teaches me. May I be more receptive and learn to love the discipline of God.

Phyllis Hobson said...

Loved the photo! Boy, you can tell it was the 70's (and I say that because Jerry and I married in 1977, so the styles of clothing are very similar).

Unknown said...

Proverbs 5:
V.21-23
21 For your ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all your paths.
22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them; the cords of their sins hold them fast.
23 For lack of discipline they will die, led astray by their own great folly.

God sees all and we fool ourselves if we believe we can continue in sin with no repercussions. It may not be sexual sin but putting other things before God is just as bad. God wants purity in our relationship with him.