Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cousin's Camp 08

I'm taking a week of vacation this week. but I WILL be at choir rehearsal Wednesday night You'll notice I didn't say a week off from work. There is definitely a lot of work happening on Bear Hollow. It's Cousin's Camp week! Five cousins under the age of 6. Woohoo! They are almost 6, 4 1/2, 2 1/2, 22 mo., and 17 mo. At any particular time there is always someone needing something - usually the toy someone else has, but often a drink or a diaper change or a trip to the bathroom. In fact, you must be very careful not to ever say that is where you are going or you will end up with a lot of company. Because someone always notices if you are leaving the room, if I ever accidentally say out loud "I'm going to the bathroom," I very quickly add "BY MYSELF!" That sort of helps.



Yesterday we went to Lil Smith's new restaurant, Jubilee Plantation, I definitely recommend eating there! I don't necessarily recommend going there with 5 children. You can find Jubilee Plantation t 1050 1/2 Riverside Drive. (Go to Big Lots and look over to the right.)



I don't generally take pictures of my food, but you must try these - Fried green beans! (This is one of the things I really like about the South. We can fry anything! And it's delicious! I've even seen fried cream corn. It's amazing to me that they can bread creamed corn. It too is delicious.


But I've gotten off track.
So, anyway, we'll see how often I post this week. I'm really wanting to post about my new campaign to change "w" from a consonant to a vowel, but that will have to wait.


You can keep up with Cousin's Camp 08 here if you are interested. http://www.papalyndel.blogspot.com/ Have a wonderful week! I am!

No comments: