Monday, March 24, 2008

Oklahoma

Continued from a post earlier today (that started out as a post about Easter Sunday).


So anyway, I couldn't post anything at the hotel last night because we had to actually use a cord to connect to the internet (I know, so archaic) and Cheryl had some work she had to do, so I played solitare on my computer. I guess you didn't know your Worship Pastor led such a wild life. lol


Oklahoma's beautiful state flag.


Our drive to Oklahoma went well. There's a line in the Oklahoma state song - which is probably the best state song ever (our thanks to Rogers and Hammerstein) that says, "and the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain." Well, they didn't just make up that wind part. My goodness! The wind is blowing sooo hard and has been all day. The car wanted to blow right over. We saw a street cleaner on the interstate here in OKC. He didn't vacuum up any dirt, he just kicked it up in the air and now Kansas has to worry about it.


I'm not sure why it is so windy here. Perhaps it's because they have wind farms, like in this picture, and grow it here.


They do gas here too. So it is less than $3 a gallon at some places. Whew, I bet this is all terribly boring to read. It's almost midnight, so I guess I'll quit.


I hope you all have a great week. I'll post my Easter thoughts tomorrow. It was such a wonderful day, I have to say something about it. We won't have choir rehearsal this week.

No comments: