Thursday, May 27, 2010

Let Me Be Your Servant

Sunday's music for May 30.

It's Memorial Day weekend, you know, but we'll only sing one patriotic song. I was thinking about how the men and women in our armed services act as servants to us as they defend our land. From there I traveled along the thought path of how we, as Christians, should live as servants to each other and how the world will know that we are Christians by how we love and serve each other.

So... here's how the service ended up.

May 30, 2010 AM


Days of Elijah

Choir Anthem – Revelation Song
     Solo – Ramona Ambrose

Memorial Day Recognition
My Country, ‘Tis of Thee

Fellowship Song – Redeemed

Because We Believe
They’ll Know We Are Christians

Special Music – The Servant Song - Bro. Lyndel

The text to the servant song was writtne by Richard Gillard (C) 1977 Scripture in Song/Maranatha! Music
They were adapted in the New Baptist Hymnal to go with the beautiful old hymn tune BEACH SPRING.
 
"We are trav'lers on a journey,
Fellow pilgrims on the road.
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load.
I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear.
 
Sister, let me be your servant,
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace to
Let you be my servant too.
Brother, let me be your servant,
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace to
Let you be my servant too.
 

Here's a video of a harp and handbell choir playing the tune BEACH SPRING.

No comments: