Monday, May 17, 2010

Georgia State Handbell Festival

A few weeks ago I had the priviledge of directing the Georgia Baptist's State Handbell Festival. I had a wonderful time!

The skinny guy up on the platform is me.
We had a fun Q&A time before the actual festival began. I love answering questions like that. Totally unprepared and off-the-cuff. It's one of my favorite ways to teach.

When all the groups played together it was wonderful. They had come prepared so we were able to work on more expressive things like dynamics, rubato sections, etc. and not just worry about getting the notes.

Here are a few pictures.

We met at FBC, Marrietta. We fit 22 (I think it was 22) choirs into the gymnasium there. Whew! That's a lot of people in that size space.


Here I am holding up the walking track.


You can see more pictures of this famous skinny conductor and the GA Baptist Handbell Festival on my Music Blog. Lyndel's Music Blog and more handbell festival pics (I realized it's been awhile since I posted there, so I put some up there.)

No comments: