Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Memory Monday on a Wednesday - What Are You Seeking?

Ha! Didn't quite make it on Monday this week. I took Monday off from work since I will be working Friday and then spent all of Tuesday in our Pastoral Staff meeting and visiting hospitals in Nashville.

A friend of mine and I are doing a wonderful study together called "The Mind of Christ." It's a thirteen week study to give you the biblical foundation, skills, disciplines etc. to follow Paul's words "Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus."

It is definitely something God will have to do in and through us. We're just on week two but I can tell it is going to be a wonderful study. It is my prayer that my friend and I will have the mind of Christ as together we study, pray, work, memorize scripture and more.

This week's verse for the two of us to memorize is Matthew 6:33 NASB"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

I already know this verse - and know a song or two based on it - but I think it is a good reminder to me and to all of us to seek God's kingdom first in ALL we do.

Are you seeking His kingdom? Are you seeking it first in your life or does God and His kingdom come in a distant third or fourth or tenth place? (This is the time when you do a little deep soul searching.) If you realize that you aren't seeking His Kingdom first in your life let me encourage you to take steps to change that. You know what you need to do. (I can't answer that for you.)

And then - bottom line - when you choose to seek God's Kingdom first you may have to memorze (and let God apply) another verse into your life. Romans 12:2

Romans 12:2 NASB "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

No comments: