Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom

Our children's choirs are presenting a really cute musical tonight called "Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom" from LifeWay. It was part of the LifeWay curriculum for children's choirs this year: Young Musicians, Music Makers and those kinds of publications.

I am playing the part of Herald. I get to announce all kinds of important things. I added a little to the script. some on purpose, some by accident. (I really should study my lines.)

The line I added on purpose?
I'm Herald. My friends call me Hark. Yes. It's corny, but I chuckle to myself each time I say, "My friends call me Hark."

The children have learned so many wonderful biblical truths through children's choir. That's LifeWay's goal as they write. For this musical they have learned all about the armor of God and about the importance of singing praise to God. They have learned many Bible verses too.

You'll want to be at Hilldale tonight to see "Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom."

Oh, in addition to my appearance as "Herald" you'll see Bro. Larry as the cell phone talking adult (yes, he was typecast), Bro. Tim as Grandpa Jubal, and a guest appearnce by Gladess Knight and the Grips.

The performance is at 6:30. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with this musical. Our children are going to present this musical in November. We are having a lot of fun with our practices and are looking forward to presenting it as well. We love your picture and the set looked amazing!