Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Save Someone's Life - Maybe Your Own

A friend of mine is battling colon cancer. My doctor told me that colon cancer is a horrible disease. My friend has had chemo and radiation and surgeries to remove parts of her colon.

Her original prognosis was that she had no hope for survival - that she was at stage 4. God stepped in and she is cancer free right now, but she still has to go back for another round of chemo after a quick vacation.

The thing about colon cancer is that it is easy to detect and VERY easy to treat in the early stages. The problem is that no one wants to take the test. I've found that the test really isn't so bad. I blogged about it last year. If you or your friends are over 50 you need to read about my Big Adventure!

It's fun reading and might save someone's life - maybe your own.

A New Adventure
Preparations for the Adventure
The Adventure Continues
The Adventures Exciting Ending Hahaha - no pun intended

No comments: