Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friends Are Friends Forever

No, I'm not going to sing Michael W. Smith's song, but I do want to mention again the wonderful bond we have as followers of Jesus Christ. Last May I posted about this.

http://hilldaleworship.blogspot.com/2008/05/blest-be-tie-that-binds.html

Now these friends that I blogged about last year are in town! They are headed over to my house even as I type. It will be fun catching up with each other and laughing together again.

One of the things this reminds me of is that we are making these kinds of friendships now at Hilldale. As we share times of worship and rehearsal and big productions like "the Tree" and the Passion Play, and as we invest in each others' lives - spending time together through the joys of new babies and the sorrows of funerals - we strengthen those bonds of Christian love.

Many of you do that with your LifeGroups. That is a wonderful thing. If you're not in a LifeGroup you need to find one. You can also do this through other groups - singing in choir, playing on a ball team, etc.

Well, I could probably go on about this, but they will be here soon and I need to put some dishes in the dishwasher.

Call up a friend today and tell them how much you love them.

No comments: