Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The "Star" of the Show

It's Wednesday, so as usual I'm here blogging - hoping to inspire the faithful, prod the undecided, and inform the masses of all the exciting things happening through the Worship Ministry of Hilldale.

So...... here we go!


Our drama cast is doing great. Last night's rehearsal showed what a great cast we have. Oh, by the way, I've never official announced here (the choir knows) who the leading man is in our little drama.
He's the former collegiate star of such renown shows as "No, No Nannette",

he's on TV every week, he sings, he acts...

It's funny. I "googled" his name to find a picture and here are some of the ones that came up.



So I added "Dr" in front of his name to narrow down the choices and got this picture.


(You don't get quite so many different people when you google "Lyndel Littleton.")

So I asked around the office and found this picture.


You'll want to be sure and tell all of your friends to check out today's blog, because I have a feeling I may have to delete this post when he gets back from visiting the hospital...
So, in case you haven't figured it out by now - or if you are one of our faithful readers from around the world - the star of this year's Living Christmas Tree is our own wonderful pastor, Dr. Larry D. Robertson.

He and Mrs. Beth, his lovely wife, even sing a duet in the program. I hope you are making plans to attend.
Performances are Dec. 12&13 at 7:00 and Dec. 14 at 3:00. Come early to get a good seat!
This post is not what I had in mind when I started, but I've had fun with where it ended up!

5 comments:

Brenda J said...

Love the cowboy pic! I can't wait!

R Lyndel Littleton said...

Of course we all know that REALLY the STAR of all Christmas programs/musicals/trees is our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only reason we do all of this stuff. Our prayer is that our Living Christmas Tree will be an opportunity for many to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. Bring your friends and family.

Brenda J said...

"Like a Rhinestone Cowboy!......"

Tracy E. Lilly said...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to any of the performances. Will this be available on VHS or DVD?

R Lyndel Littleton said...

We always have DVDs available afterward. Just call the church office to order one. Oh, sometimes you can order them at the connection center in the foyer.