Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A High Calling

(a week of Thanksgiving - day 4)
I went to my favorite Bible study and search program. http://www.crosswalk.com/ (I like the classic view better than the new one.) and I did a search for "thank*" (with the asterisk allowing it to find any word that begins with thank but maybe ends with and "s" or "ful" or whatever) and found 140 verses. Sounds like being thankful is an important thing.

Here's on that caught my eye.
2Ch 31:2 - Show Context
Hezekiah assigned the priests and Levites to divisions--each of them according to their duties as priests or Levites--to offer burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, to minister, to give thanks and to sing praises at the gates of the Lord's dwelling

You figure if there were whole divisions of priests and Levites (a whole tribe of Israel) assigned to these things that they must be important to God. I'll just focus on the last two. "to give thanks and to sing praises."

If you are involved in the worship ministry of your church (Hilldale or one of our many readers from around the world) you are following the high calling of the priests and Levites to give thanks and sing praises. How cool is that? It was a full-time job for those who led in worship - even those in the choir.


One of the things I am thankful for is a great group of committed musicians, singers, tech and sound crew, media crew, instrumentalists - did I leave anyone out? - who week by week help us lead in worship as we give thanks and sing praises. THANK YOU for being a part of our worship ministry at Hilldale.

No comments: