Friday, November 28, 2008

Friends - Old and New

Day 6 of a week of Thanksgiving.

Philippians 1:3 - Show Context
I thank my God every time I remember you.
2 Thessalonians 1:3 - Show Context
We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.

I put up one of my Christmas trees yesterday. (Cheryl says I can only put up one since we are trying to sell the house.) I have so many wonderful memories that I'm reminded of each year as I hang the ornaments on the tree. And I'm reminded of all the friends I have been blessed to know and love.

One of the joys of being in full-time Christian vocation is that you get to meet a lot of wonderful people over the years at a lot of wonderful churches. As I hang ornaments I'm reminded of friends who gave us ornaments.

This snowman playing the violin is a brand new ornament I got from Brenda. I hung it first.


These pines in front of the Rockies was hand-painted by Alan in Denver.


Here's another hand-painted one by Ruby in Spiro, Oklahoma. We had chickens in Spiro. Ha! The big city kid had moved to a small town and those cute little chicks you used to be able to get your kids for Easter grow up! Who knew?!



These Lyndel and Cheryl snowmen were given to Cheryl by friends at LifeWay.
So Christmas and Thanksgiving are times I am reminded over and over again of how blessed I am - not just with things (house, car, clothes, food, etc.) - but mostly with wonderful relationships: family, old friends, new friends, co-workers... by YOU!
I thank God each time I am reminded of you.

No comments: