Friday, October 10, 2008

Psalm 78

Psalm 78:2-7 "I will open my mouth in a parable ; I will utter dark sayings of old, Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us. We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done. For He established a testimony in Jacob And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers That they should teach them to their children, That the generation to come might know, even the children yet to be born, That they may arise and tell them to their children, That they should put their confidence in God And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments"


I have a great heritage of godly Christian men who have done just what this Psalm instructs us to do, they have told the next generation the praises of the Lord.

My grandfather's name was Thad. His sons were all godly Christian men because he lived his life teaching them about God's strength and His wondrous works - teaching them to put their confidence in God and to keep His commandments.

My dad, Bill, was the only one of my grandfather's sons to go into full-time Christian vocation (as a Worship Pastor), but two of my cousins are Sr. Pastors, one cousin is married to a Pastor and my two brothers are both Youth Pastors.




Randall is 15 1/2 years younger than me andis a Youth Pastor in the St. Louis area. Roger is 2 1/2 years younger than me and is a Youth Pastor in Lynchburg, VA.

What kind of heritage are you passing on to your children? You don't have to be a "pastor" to leave behind a godly heritage. My grandfather wasn't a pastor, but he was a godly man who taught his children well the ways of the Lord.

What you leave behind is how you choose to live your life.

No comments: