Friday, October 17, 2008

Music for Sunday, Oct. 19

I'm doing this by memory, so I'll probably leave something out.

"Holy, Holy, Holy" and "Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord" will begin our service as our pastor continues his series on holiness.
I really like putting those two songs together. The second verse of the hymn say, "though the eyes of sinful man Thy glory may not see" which to me is the perfect reason to sing "open the eyes of my heart, Lord."

The choir will sing "The Solid Rock" because we sounded really good on it a few weeks ago when we sang it and because I've missed the last two Wednesdays. Well, actually I only missed one, but then we had the Clay Crosse concert...

Anyway, then I don't remember what we're singing for the welcome song.
After that, we'll sing "All the Earth Will Sing Your Praises" which we haven't sung a lot in the past, but it's a cool song that I think you'll remember when you hear it. and then there's another song which escapes me right now and then we'll sing "Be Strong in the Lord." I don't know if Hilldale knows that one... oh well... Everything we sing was new once.

2 comments:

Brenda J said...

I really like that one! I think they do it some at the FLC or else I have just heard it on the radio.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I can not leave comments. I am going to see if this will come through. That was an awesome video!