Sunday, October 12, 2008

Psalm 78 - the Next Generation

I failed to mention how Psalm 78 is continuing on in my family. ( see Friday's post )

To see my children follow and serve the Lord is an incredible thing. I don't say this to boast in myself, but in the Lord. I see it as an example of Psalm 103

Psalm 103:15 As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--

My son is leading worship (some weeks) at a church his church is starting in downtown Oklahoma City. He sings and plays the guitar. When he is at the main church campus he plays bass with their band. And sometimes he leads the Sr. Adult worship on Wednesday nights. Even though he plays a guitar, they love it when he leads because he sings all the old songs that they love.

My daughter is married to a Youth Pastor and is very involved in his ministry.

My cousin's son leads worship for the youth at his church in Yukon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the blessings of the righteous :-) I so admire families like yours. Praise God!