Thursday, August 2, 2007

God Loves Choirs

I know you think I'm just saying that 'cause this is our Worship Ministry/Music blog and I'm supposed to say things like that... but it's really true! God loves choirs. Here's how I know.
You see a choir first when the Morning Stars sang at creation Job 38:7. (I'm sure there was singing in heaven before that.) The singers in the temple were full-time employees paid like the priests with the tithes and offerings of the people. How cool is that? And of course there is singing going on now around the Lamb's throne where someday we will join in the singing.

In the mean time, what we do here week by week on Sundays is just a great preview of what is to come. For those of you who sing in our choir - THANK YOU! To those just passing through reading blogs - find a choir and join in.

"But I can't sing", you may say. Then sing with the congregation during worship. Those in the pews are our biggest choir. (and there's safety in numbers!) God loves to hear you sing. Just remember Ps 98:4 "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise."

I'll be looking for you Sunday. Let's make a joyful noise together!

No comments: