Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sunday's Music

I've started three different blogs since Wednesday and didn't like any of them. First, I was going to say something about the 40th anniversary of the Big Mac. It was Wednesday. I thought about the jingle and how easy it is to remember something when it is set to music. "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun." And then I was going to say something about all the spiritual truths we know because of the songs we sing at church. But it didn't seem to flow and then the moment passed and that was the end of that.

Then I was going to say something about the great rehearsal we had Wednesday night. We had a good group there and learned a lot of notes and words and we're all set for Sunday... but that seemed a little boring. Why would anyone care about reading that. So I never finished that one either.

So I decided I would blog a little about the new groups and fall schedule in our worship/music ministry: Wind and Fire instrumental ensemble, handbells, children's choir getting ready for the Kid's Choral Connection, a Christmas party coming up the first Wednesday in September... But i didn't have any of my art work, so I decided I would blog about them on Monday when I have my church computer.

So... The only thing I have to really blog about is tomorrow's service. The choir will be singing "Fill the Earth", the congregation will be singing some great worship songs and hymns, our wonderful band and keyboard players will play with their impressive skill, the sound guys and camera men and MediaShout computer people will all be doing their usual wonderful work and we'll have a great time of worship together! I'll be looking for you in the morning!

I really need a picture or something to go with this post. It is so boring.

No comments: