Saturday, May 20, 2017

Psalm 140 - Living in His Presence

After several verses of wishing the worst on his enemies, the psalmist concludes with these words.

13 Surely the righteous will praise your name, and the upright will live in your presence.

In the Old Testament times people had to work hard to live righteously. They had to follow the law. Many would live righteous lives wanting to please the LORD with how they lived. But the sinful nature in everyone made it impossible to completely keep the law. 
But God promised that a day would come when He would write His laws on our hearts.

33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD , "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

In the New Testament we see that our righteousness comes from Jesus. (Read Romans 3 and the rest of Romans.

So....all of that to say - and I"m probably leaving out some connecting thoughts. 

If you have given y our life to Christ and are following Him then you are righteous before the Father. Then you will praise His name - not only in worship on Sundays, but during the week too.
And you will live your life in His presence - not just when you die and you're in heaven. 

Well.... I'm taking care of three grands after having two other grands here since Tuesday, so I"m not sure I've included all of the connecting thoughts in this post.



No comments: