Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Psalm 94 - Comfort, Hope and Cheer

Ha! When I write it like that it sounds like a Christmas Carol. ♪ Oh tidings of comfort and joy...♫

19 When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. NLT

I don't think that a preacher giving a sermon should give an entire sermon based on only one verse. But I don't claim to be a "preacher" and this isn't a sermon. Ha!

I liked this verse tonight. "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." And I thought, "how can people find God's comfort?"

Have you ever gone through the study "Experiencing God"? It is excellent. If you haven't, you should. Find it here or at your local Lifeway or Christian bookstore


In it, Henry Blackaby teaches that God speaks to us through His Word, His Spirit, the church (pastors and teachers)... and more.

Anyway.... The Holy Spirit will comfort you and speak to you and
You are going to find comfort, renewed hope and cheer - when you spend time with God and read His Word
And... spend time with God's people in worship and Bible study.

No comments: