Ephesians 2:8 NIV For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
But after we are saved we are to lead holy lives.
1 Peter 2:9 NIV But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Psalm 101 gives us some practical advice on how to live a holy (blameless) life.
"I will be careful to lead a blameless life"
- I will sing of your love and justice; to you, LORD, I will sing praise.
- I will be careful to lead a blameless life
- I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart.
- I will not look with approval on anything that is vile.
- I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it.
- The perverse of heart shall be far from me;
- I will have nothing to do with what is evil.
- Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence;
- whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate.
- My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me;
- the one whose walk is blameless will minister to me.
- No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house;
- no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.
- Every morning I will put to silence all the wicked in the land;
- I will cut off every evildoer from the city of the LORD.
So....I pretty much copied the entire song (psalm).
He decided to be careful.
He will guard his eyes and heart.
He will not tolerate or have anything to do with the faithless, evil, proud, etc.
But instead would look to the faithful and those who walk blamelessly.
And actively work against evil.
Looks like a good plan!
What about you?