Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Making of John the Baptist

Some of you out there in blog land may need a "John the Baptist" some time for one of your church productions. So I thought I would share with you how I got ours.

I started out with a kind lovable Children's Pastor.

We had him grow out his beard and not get a haircut for a month. Then we put him in clothes made of camel hair and mussed up his hair.
Unfortunately I showed him the famous painting by Leonardo Da Vinci of John the Baptist.


And ended up with this!



So I threatened to punch him in the nose and singe his eyebrows off if he EVER did anything like that again. (his wife and children all thanked me)

And so now - after "seeing the fire" - we have this!


You can see my "John the Baptist" April 9-11 at 7:00 each night at Hilldale Baptist Church in Clarksville, TN - 2001 Madison St.

No comments: