Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Love Spring!


do you recognize my bridge in the background?

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. Spring is full of surprises. Where did I plant those new daffodils with the short bright orange trumpet and the white petals? Oh, there they are! and they are prettier than the picture on the package.



The succession of trees blooming is so wonderful: (Feel free to vote in our new poll - what is your favorite spring tree. I'll give the results and the correct answers next week.)


first the pears,


then the cherries,

The cherry tree at my house

then the red buds (I love the drive down I-24 when all of the red buds are in bloom. but the new varieties are even more beautiful than the wild ones. If you have a chance to get to downtown Nashville in the next day or two drive through bicentennial park by the capitol. Oh my! So gorgeous!)

and just as the red buds are fading the dogwoods, the queen of spring, are in full bloom!



On Bear Hollow the peonies, daylilies, hostas, bleeding heart and iris are all right on track for a gorgeous show in a few weeks. Oooooo, Spring is so wonderful!

There's a beautiful old hymn that I love to sing in the spring - Fairest Lord Jesus. The text was written in 1677 in Germany. The tune was written in 1842. It still is a beautiful expression of love and adoration and praise in 2008.



The second verse says this:
Fair are the meadows;
Fairer still the woodlands,
Robed in the blooming garb of springl
Jesus is fairer;
Jesus is purer,
Who makes the woeful heart to sing.



Let the beauty of spring remind you of the beauty of our Lord. Let His beauty and love and grace make your heart sing!


Of course a great place for singing is in choir. I'll be looking for you tonight!

1 comment:

Brenda J said...

Amen! I love spring and Fall for admiring God's artistry. Daffodils are my absolute favorite flower in the world. I love the big yellow ones the best. Your new ones are very pretty too! The wonderful smelling Hyacinths are amazing right now and all the beautiful trees. I love the rebuds when they are the pretty lavendar color.