Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hahaha My Lovely Wife and My Blog

My lovely wife, Cheryl, critiques my blog for me. She tells me if she thinks a picture will bother someone or if she thinks I've insulted someone or if I sounded like a total nerd, and so I go back and change things or I tell her the picture looks OK to me or whatever.


So tonight she said, "Are you depressed? What's wrong?"


"Huh?"


"I read your blog. It was very dark."


"Huh?"


"You quoted Romans 8!"






"Hahahaha!" She's so funny. So I guess it was a bit of a stretch to compare a dogwood winter with the bad things that happen in life that you have no control over. I really didn't mean to overstate the cold weather with doom and gloom and weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Although if I lose all of my iris again this year I may be a little depressed.) I was simply pointing out that there are things that happen in life that we have no control over and how in all those things - granted we usually think of huge things like war and famine and yellow fever and a plague of locusts - but even the little things that annoy us can't separate us from God or His love.




The iris on Bear Hollow last year.

Hahahaha. I'll try not to be quite so over the top in the future. Not that I've ever really - you know - been "over the top". I probably have only exaggerated once or twice in my whole life, hmmmm, well, once or twice last week, hmmmmmmm, welllllll, OK, once or twice today...

2 comments:

R Lyndel Littleton said...

Hahahaha. Donna was worried about me too. I guess I should go change that last post.

R Lyndel Littleton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.