Thursday, August 5, 2010

Did you Vote?

Today is election day in Tennessee.

Some of you voted in the early voting. I went to East Montgomery Elementary School first thing this morning. The line wasn't long. In fact, I just walked up to the first table, signed my name on the paper, took it to the second table where they looked up my name, signed that book then walked right up to a voting booth. (I think they are still called booths. Hmmm, maybe "station" is the new name. I don't know. Anyway, he punched a few buttons to get the thing set up and off I went - voting away.

It's important to vote. Unlike the weather - which everyone complains about but can't do anything about - when you vote you actually make a difference in how the county, state and country will be led over the next few years. And in our part of Tennessee many of the offices are decided in the primaries. There were two or three offices that had two or three Independant candidates running. I suppose the winner of the primaries in those instances will be the new elected official.

Before you go you should check and see what district you are in and then see who is running for school board, sheriff, judges to keep or not as well as the high profile offices of Governor and Senator and Representative.

If you live out where I do in the southeast part of Montgomery county, we are represented by the same guy who will represent almost all of West Tennessee. It was John Tanner, but he has retired.

So....

GO VOTE
By the way. If you don't vote you don't get to complain about how the election turns out.

No comments: