Monday, April 26, 2010

Wow! Big Number of Hits

I just looked at my hit counter and we are just 80 hits away from 45,000 hits! Cool! I suppose I should have a prize for the 45,000th hit, hmm would you call that person the hittER? or hittEE? or something else?

So someone - a non-blogger type person - the other day asked me what the point was of blogging. I thought that was a valid question. So I thought about it a little and came up with a list of things that I hope are accomplished by this blog.

1. Entertainment - I'm at least entertaining myself with some of the things I write about.

2. Inspiration - It's my prayer that through the words/messages posted here that you and other readers will - at least a few times a month - be inspired to join a choir, read your Bible, join others in worship this week, etc.

3. Education - Now and then  readers of my blogs should learn a little something - perhaps a spiritual truth you hadn't thought of before, what an alto clef looks like, when our next performance is... those kinds of things.

So... it looks like we're all winners when we read Hilldale's Worship Blog. (Does that mean I don't have to have a prize for hit 45,000?)

1 comment:

Tracy E. Lilly said...

I would be the "Hittie".