Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rio Missions - Day 4 - building Relationships

There are many relationships we are building. I think it is one of the blessings of going on a mission trip.

We are building relationships within our missions team - sharing experiences that we will talk about for years to come.



We are building relationships with our interpreters...




and our host church members.



And we are building relationships within the community.

The first day this man saw us walk by his store a few times. The last time by I stopped and talked to him in Portuguese. They like it when an American speaks Portuguese - even when it isn't very good. Then they think you speak and understand it well and they start talking a hundred miles an hour. "devagar, por favor" (slowly please)

Our photographer took his picture and I said I wanted a picture of him too.

Then he wanted a picture of the two of us together.


On Tuesday he had his granddaughter with him. I told him I wanted a picture of the two of them together. Isn't she beautiful?



So today I told him that I would be at the church a few doors down this coming Sunday. I invited him to join us. I am praying he will come. I'll invite him again tomorrow.

Each day we eat lunch at the same place. We are getting to know the owner and her familia. This little girl is a sweetheart. I gave her a Tennessee quarter and she was so excited she showed everyone around.



No comments: